Monday, August 12, 2019

Blogosphere: Episode 10- Robert Long

   Welcome back to the Blogosphere with Robert! At this point, my mind is fried beyond belief. So who knows what the topic for this episode will be? Not me. I'm probably just going to ramble about something until I run of things to say about it, then switch it. Like this:
   I think I've officially developed a gambling problem. It's not even the fact that I lose money, it's the fact that I'm sk good at it, at this point I'm afraid to stop my luck streak. The other night I was at a friends house. I, along with some other friends, met up at our friends house to watch movies and be lazy for a little while, but it ended up being something quite different. We didn't watch a single movie, nor even talk about one. When we first got there, we chowed down on some chicken wings and fries his mom had cooked us. They were delicious, may I add. After stuffing our guts with goodies, we played some Mario Kart, like true friends. Soon after that, we got bored at went to the store. There, we yoinked a jug of milk for his mom and one of the others guys grabbed a pumpkin pie. Why? I have no clue. We drove back home and stood around in his kitchen for a bit, deciding what to do next. Then it hit us: let's play some poker. I was enthralled. We played some "Texas Hold Em," a card game involving betting chips and very sad people. I, however, was feeling lucky. Placing chips and cards carefully. Calling the bluffs for what they were. Challenging each of my former friends and future opponents. I didn't win all the games, but let's just say, I was constantly racking in more chips than I had bet (in simple men's terms, I was winning). I seemed to learn my friends moves rather quickly, compared to them learning mine. A slight chuckle meant one was toast. A quick glance at my cards meant one was contemplating all existence of life. The quiet sigh from one meant he knew he couldn't win. I had full control of the table, but not myself. Big yikes. Thanks for reading this episode of the Blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment